The University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia, J.D.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, Bachelor’s
Email: [email protected]
Founder & Managing Partner
“We distinguish ourselves as being a part of the community, serving people, helping people, and being there through the entire process. We don’t just see someone as a client, but as a family member, and when you see someone as a family member, you go all out.”
A Georgia native and a former member of the Georgia House of Representatives, Ronnie founded The Mabra Firm in 2007 as a continuation of his lifetime commitment to serving his state and community. Charismatic and personable, Ronnie is known by his peers and clients as an attorney of integrity with a strong work ethic and a drive to successfully advocate for injured victims and their families.
Ronnie has recovered millions of dollars to help injured Georgians. Notably, Ronnie was co-counsel in helping to get the original NFL settlement of $675 million for compensatory claims for players. Ronnie has been featured by Georgia Super Lawyers magazine as one of Georgia’s top lawyers. Ronnie and his firm were also recognized as one of the fastest growing businesses in America started by a University of Georgia graduate. He has also been featured on several 40 under 40 lists.
Twice-elected to the Georgia General Assembly, Ronnie represented the interests of more than 50,000 Georgians in state government. Ronnie’s most notable legislation was House Bill 828, which increased protection for accident victims by restricting the release of their private information. In addition to his legislative accomplishments, Ronnie was appointed to the Juvenile Justice State Advisory Group, the Georgia Child Support Commission, and the High School Athletics Overview Committee. He also served as House Democratic Caucus Deputy Whip and was named Lawmaker of the Year by the food workers union.
Most admirably, Ronnie and his law firm support many charitable endeavors in the greater Atlanta community. Ronnie founded the Mabra Turkey Giveaway and the Ronnie Mabra Foundation to feed and temporarily house thousands of Georgians in crises. The foundation has also paid college tuition for students and awarded stock certificates to high-achieving elementary school children.
Ronnie is a graduate of Fayette County High School where he was a standout athlete and went on to play football for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. He earned degrees from Georgia Tech and the University of Georgia. Ronnie resides in Atlanta with his wife Dawn, son Ronald E. Mabra III (Remiii) and goldendoodle Buster.
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Leadership Georgia
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- GA Trial Lawyers Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Community Service & Philanthropy
- Founder, Ronnie Mabra Foundation
- Founder, Mabra Turkey Giveaway
Honors and Awards
- PELPAC Lawmaker of the Year
- Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers
- National Bar Association ‘40 Under 40’
- Atlanta Business Chronicle ‘40 Under 40’
- Fulton County Daily Report ‘On the Rise Under 40’
- University of Georgia ‘40 Under 40’
- All-ACC Academic Honor Team
- Atlanta Touchdown Club
- House Bill 828 (codified as OCGA 33-24-53) made it illegal for non-lawyer “runners” to solicit business for a law firm or health care provider.
- House Bill 804 which added one additional judge to the Clayton Judicial Circuit.
- Sponsored or co-sponsored nearly 100 bills or resolutions
Mabra, Ronnie, Out Of Office: Legislative Duties, Law Practice And The Legislative Stay Statute, Georgia Bar Journal. (December 2018).
Mabra, Ronnie, Georgia’s New Law to End Unethical Legal Practice, Verdict, The Journal of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. (Fall 2014).